Jump to recipe
This was my second time making bread loaves and I have to say that it was the best time so far. The two loaves came out so well that I couldn’t help but cut into them while they were still warm. Made some coffee and that was my dinner. I’m not even kidding.
It was a lengthy process but so worth it.
If you need help with learning how to knead bread, head to my youtube channel and check it out.
- 5 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp of yeast
- 2 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 2/3 cups of water
- Pour flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and water into a bowl
- Mix until it becomes hard to mix
- Take out dough and place on a floured surface and knead the dough. You'll know the bread is fully kneaded when it no longer sticks on your hands
- Lightly grease a bowl with vegetable oil and place your dough. Cover with an airtight cover. Wait until the dough doubles in size. It should take 1 to 2 hours but you'll notice when it's doubled.
- Take out dough and shape into two ovals
- Fold each oval three times
- Now, roll the ovals until they look round
- Place them on a pan that's been sprinkled with cornmeal
- Cover them and wait 45 minutes for them to rise
- Once they have risen, they're ready to be placed in the oven. But first, sift loaves with flour and make three slashes on each loaf
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Place loaves in and wait 20-25 minutes or until the loaves are golden brown
- Take loaves out and let them cool off
© 2023 Copyright THE STYLE SPREAD