This Spinach and Chickpea salad bowl is a mixture of my favorite ingredients and my mom’s. She loves adding chickpeas, celery, and carrots to her salads. Most of the time she makes it with Romaine lettuce but I prefer to use spinach since it’s a less bitter and filled with nutrition.
This salad was different since we mixed in the Moroccan Beet Salad recipe. We basically just prepared and added beets to the salad, nothing big. But to learn how to prepare the beets before using, refer to that recipe.
This salad goes perfect with dinner or lunch. I even eat it for breakfast with avocado. A lot of people wouldn’t eat a salad for breakfast but if you mix it with the right things, it will be a pleasant start to the day.
- 15 oz. of chickpeas
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 4 chopped baby zucchinis
- A handful of plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1 whole beet boiled and chopped
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of vinegar
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- Combine chickpeas, spinach, zucchini, celery, carrots, and onions. Instead of chopping the celery, carrots, and onions, I prefer to use the Mirepoix mix from Trader Joe's.
- For the beets, you have to peel the beet and boil first before using. A more detailed instruction on preparing the beets can be found here.
- Sprinkle salt, vinegar, and olive oil over the salad. Make sure to mix afterwards.
Publish on May 15