I remember the first time I was served oatmeal in a carton coffee cup. Not conventional but it made your fellow New Yorker happier and way more productive. When I didn’t have time to make breakfast, I would just pop in and get a cup of oatmeal. But the cup isn’t what made it convenient. What made it convenient was that it was a smooth oatmeal sans oats and easy to drink. But of course, it still tasted like oatmeal.
I tried and tried to simulate this recipe for the longest. I’m happy to say I have finally found the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 4 tbsp. of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. of nutmeg
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 2 cloves grounded
- 4 tbsp. of sugar
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, grounded cloves, and oats in a blender
- Blend until oats appear dissolved
- Once dissolved, strain mixture into a pot
- Boil mixture and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes or until the tastes have blended
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of cinnamon