As quick and simple as this recipe may be, it is still a staple of Moroccan cuisine. The feggous (cucumber) and tomato salad can be the basis to create different salads or can be eaten as is with bread or another dish.
I decided to take this recipe from La Maison Arabe’s Moroccan Recipes book. However, I didn’t follow every step of the recipe. For instance, I did not seed the tomatoes since I felt it would make the salad juicier. This is all a matter of preference of course.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp. of fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- salt and pepper for taste
- Finely chop cucumber, onion and tomatoes. You can seed the tomato if you like. I prefer to not seed it since the tomato juice contributes greatly to the overall taste.
- Mix the cucumber, tomatoes, and onion.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, olive oil, and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.