This was a recipe that I was really contemplating about publishing on the blog. Not that it doesn’t taste good; it actually tastes magnificent. But the frosting was more of a little project for me and Magdalene. As you can see, it’s not the most perfect display but since it’s so yummy I couldn’t resist sharing it.
If you know me, you would know that I absolutely love banana cakes. Even more so when they’re filled with ripe banana chunks. Sigh. It’s just the sweetest and most wholesome taste ever. Check out the sweet recipe down below.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 cup of milk
- Vanilla frosting
- Coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Prepare a 9x13 inch pan by greasing it with a non-stick spray or butter.
- Gather the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla and mix in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas into a puree. If you want banana chunks in your cake, leave some. Combine with the other ingredients.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and mix into the batter.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until cake is done.
- Once baked, set cake aside for 15 minutes to cool. When it's cool, you can add your favorite frosting on top and sprinkle some coconut flakes on top.
- Serve and enjoy